We’re all missing in-person events as we take Zoom calls from our couches and heat up another pot of coffee. One thing we’re not missing, however, is the switch from the traditional branded tchotchkes to more elegant digital swag bags. Everyone attends at least one conference where this happens. You’re handed a bag and know…
Get Healthy In 2020 With An Active Event
Last year, 59% of Americans resolved to be more active in 2019. This means, if we apply a little statistical theory, almost 6 in 10 individuals you might be planning an event for in 2020 could be interested in active events. Additionally, less than 50% of people who resolve to change their sedentary ways remain successful throughout the year. Not to put too fine a point on it, but this means health-focused events are always going to be a winner, especially early on in the year.
Go beyond the basic outing
Sure, Kapow has a lot of active options, from SoulCycle to rock climbing. But sometimes getting that yes RSVP requires you to think outside the box, and wellness events are no different. After all, wellness isn’t just about how you look—it’s how you feel! Unique outdoor events are perfect for intriguing potential guests and getting returning attendees to come back for another round. An active event is great, but one that provides something beyond making you work up a sweat? Even better.
- Float down the Austin River with Frontera Tours – Austin
- Professional development seminar at Warrior Challenge Arena – Denver
- Hang ten at the Santa Monica Surf School – Los Angeles
- Business league soccer, capture the flag and more at Soccerroof – New York City
Active events include mental health too
Let’s circle back to our statistics from the intro for a second. Over half of people polled weren’t able to commit the entire year to their goal, which is probably indicative of a lack of will, rather than lack of way. All in all, it’s a tidy little piece of evidence that shows you can’t neglect your guests mental wellness either. Sometimes all your guests need to get out and active isn’t an event that shows them how it’s done, it’s an event that changes their mindset about what they’re able to do for themselves.
- Corporate wellness workshop with a best-selling author Jay Rothman – Los Angeles
- Fitness or wellness class with Vicare Wellness – New York City
- Multi-day wellness retreat at Flamingo Resort – Napa-Sonoma
- Private beach lunch at Kona Kai Resort and Spa – San Diego
Enjoy the benefits of a healthier diet
Another way to welcome your guests into 2020 with their best foot forward is with a health-minded food and beverage event. “We are what we eat” as the saying goes, and giving your guests the tools they need to be more thoughtful about what they eat could be just the ticket. Going vegetarian, vegan or even just committing to eating with sustainability and seasonality in mind can all be viable options. Every little bit helps, and Kapow has a wide variety of interactive food and beverage events that are ideal for doing your part and eating healthy.
- Vegan chef’s tasting dinner at Charlie Was a Sinner – Philadelphia
- Healthy cocktail cleans at Kimpton Hotel Vintage – Portland
- Rustic, seasonally-inspired dinner at Tables Restaurant – Denver
- Brewery tour and tasting reception at Dockery’s – Charleston
Check out our complete set of listings at kapow.com and let us help you plan the perfect active events to start your 2020 off right.
UNIQUE EVENT IDEAS. REAL-TIME BOOKING.
Join thousands of companies who have booked online events with Kapow.Find Your Event
Like this post?
Sign up for insider tips, exclusive content and event suggestions in your city.