There are more opportunities than ever to utilize technology in events. You can use it to check guests in and increase your event security; you can use tech to explore a venue when you can’t see it in person; you can use tech to make a first impression or enhance an event with AV equipment.…
10 Facts About Wrigley Field
Cubs Opening Day has a special meaning for many Chicagoans. A combination of great weather, dedicated fans, famous hot dogs and refreshing beer are just a few things that make Wrigley Field memorable during baseball season. It’s also a key place to bring your top clients both from out of town and in the city. You’re also likely to get invited to quite a few games yourself. Either way, we’ve compiled a list of some fun facts so you can show off your knowledge of Wrigley Field.
- Wrigley Field is the oldest National League ballpark and has been home to the Chicago Cubs since 1916.
- The Chicago Bears also called Wrigley home between 1921-1970.
- The ballpark was the last major league park to have lights installed for play after dark in 1988.
- The ivy that covers the outfield wall is a combination of Boston Ivy and Japanese Bittersweet, planted in 1937 by the Cubs General Manager, Bill Veeck.
- No batter has ever hit the scoreboard which has been around since 1937 and is still manually operated.
- Babe Ruth’s famous Called Shot happened at Wrigley.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Blues Brothers, and The Break-Up are just a few of many movies that featured Wrigley Field.
- Harry Caray began the tradition of singing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” at the Cubs home games (he sang it for the previous 7 years as a White Sox broadcaster).
- The term “White flag time at Wrigley!” means the Cubs won. This dates back to a ritual of raising flags after a game.
- The Cubs have not won the World Series in 104 year. (maybe this is their lucky year?)
Now it’s time you put this knowledge to use, impress your clients and get your Wrigley rooftop tickets now.
UNIQUE EVENT IDEAS. REAL-TIME BOOKING.
Join thousands of companies who have booked online events with Kapow.Find Your Event
Like this post?
Sign up for insider tips, exclusive content and event suggestions in your city.